The USPOULTRY Foundation College Student Career Program connects hundreds of talented, bright college students seeking professions in the poultry industry with HR managers and recruiters. It is the most efficient and effective way for the poultry industry to find managers of the future and has been a vital part of many companies’ hiring process for nearly 50 years. It is one of the largest career events of its kind for students seeking professions in the industry. Held annually during the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE), this program allows producer member companies of USPOULTRY and our IPPE partners (NAMI and AFIA) and allied companies to interview top students from many universities at one time, at one location. And such a large number of students offers an extensive variety of majors and qualifications.
This year, the program was held on January 30 – February 1, 2018 and was 100% funded by the USPOULTRY Foundation. Interview sessions were held Tuesday afternoon, all day Wednesday, and Thursday until noon. In addition to benefiting the industry, the program was an excellent learning opportunity for the students to see the latest technology and advancements in today’s production and processing industry. Students graduating between September 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018 were eligible to attend and interview for full time positions and internships.
Companies that signed up to interview were provided:
- Interview booth(s) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the Expo
- A resume database of students planning to interview
- A list of the participating universities
- A table in the Student Hospitality area to “showcase” their company to the students. Interviewers were encouraged to bring material describing their company.
- Complimentary registration for interviewers. (If registered through the College Student Career Program.)